Tucker Carlson brought me back on his Fox News Channel show Thursday, August 16, 2018.
Mark Steyn and then Tucker took the position that former CiA director John Brennan rightfully had his security clearance revoked by President Trump.
I countered that there are two arguments and a potential legal argument against this revocation based on Brennan’s anti-Trump speech on another cable news outlet.
- Attacks on the Free Press – see the over 350 newspapers writing about it yesterday.
- Trump attempting to silence critics
- There is a good reason for top officials to keep their clearance so new top officials can have continuity in their ability to talk about on-going operations.
- After my appearance, more than 70 former intelligence officials signed a letter making a nearly identical argument as I did with Tucker.
- My reference to administrative law is based on a number of factors related to the state creating a property right of a license (for example liquor) and requiring complete administrative due process before revocation.
None of this excuses a closer look at why over 4 million people have security clearances, some of which may have no reason to still have one.
Please SHARE and SUBSCRIBE
Watch the full segment here: