As you’ve seen my previous recipes with cheesy, herb bread and banana bread, we like bread. But we don’t like the high carbs and high glycemic index of most breads. Yet we love sandwiches.
So, here is a nearly perfect sandwich bread! Very low carb, ketogenic (fires up your metabolism), gluten free, and dairy free!
And finally a balance between savory and sweet that both my wife and kids enjoy.
You’ll need measuring cups, measuring spoons, a mixer, a little parchment paper, and a bread pan, in addition to the ingredients.
This recipe makes about 14 slices (give or take depending on how thick you slice) of sandwich bread and takes about an hour to make.
- 1 cup unflavored, unsweetened Whey Protein Powder ((I use TGS All Natural 100% Whey Protein Powder – Unflavored, Non Denatured, Unsweetened)
- 1 cup almond flour (I buy the Almond Flour Blanched, Anthony’s 4lb Bag, Certified Gluten-Free from Amazon)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour (try something like Organic Coconut Flour (4 lb) by Anthony’s, Certified Gluten-Free, Non-GMO & Kosher from Amazon)
- 4 Tbsp flax meal (try Trader Joe’s organic golden flax meal)
- 1 tsp chia powder (high antioxidant and many nutrients, I use Navitas Naturals organic chia powder)
- 2 Tbsp Dolcedi organic apple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (try different salts, like these in the Salt Works Artisan Sampler)
- 6 large organic, pasture raised eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (on this recipe I used Anjou Coconut Oil, Organic Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed)
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil (I use Left Coast Performance Coconut MCT Oil)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Then mix the dry ingredients plus the eggs in a countertop mixer (like my KitchenAid KSM75WH Classic Plus Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, White from Amazon). Warm the coconut oil for a minute in the microwave until melted. Then mix in the oils.I like to mix a minute or two at high speed to let the eggs rise as much as they can to lighten the mixture. Pour into a bread pan with parchment paper for lining. Bake for 45 minutes or until brown. Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and give it 15 minutes to cool before slicing!
With this sandwich bread, prepare yourself for a much more fulfilling, satisfying, and guilt-free sandwich experience!
|Whey Protein unflavored, undenatured||500||6||8||100||220||6|
|Steam Blanched Almond Flour||826||27||74||31||28||7|
|Organic Golden Flax Meal||168||8||8||5||0||0|
|Chia Powder Organic – Chia Powder||9||1||0||0||0||0|
|Sea Salt Flakes||0||0||0||0||580||0|
|Dolcedi low glycemic sweetener||72||18||0||0||0||17|
|Pasture-raised Organic Large Eggs||420||0||30||36||420||0|
|Left Coast Performance – 100% Pure Mct Oil||126||0||14||0||0||0|
|Coconut Oil Virgin||360||0||42||0||0||0|