Who doesn’t love pancakes? How about a pancake that provides a wide range of nutrition for your body and still tastes delicious? Try these best blueberry pancakes that I make for my family! This recipe makes 8 medium, medium-large pancakes.
- 1 cup almond flour (I buy the Almond Flour Blanched, Anthony’s 4lb Bag, Certified Gluten-Free from Amazon)
- 1/4 cup organic, tiger nut flour (the Tiger Nut brand 1 kilo brick is a good deal, again from Amazon)
- 1 scoop collagelatin (Bulletproof Collagelatin is what I use)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil (Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil is my favorite choice)
- 1/3 cup half & half, unsweetened almond milk, or A2 whole milk – your choice
- 2 pasture raised, large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh, organic blueberries (you can use frozen, but I’ve found fresh to be much tastier)
Get a medium to medium-large mixing bowl out. Mix the dry ingredients first, then add in the we ingredients, and stir in the blueberries last. Fire up your favorite griddle or pan (my favorite for pancakes is this All-Clad Griddle found on Amazon and elsewhere) on medium. Use a spoon to ladle out the batter into the pancakes. Wait until they start to turn brown around the edges, turn the heat down to low, and flip them. Let cook for another 2-4 minutes and serve!
My family can’t get enough of these bluberry pancakes. And for syrup, if you are looking for low carb, we use just a little of the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup. And if you like butter, remember to get pasture raised or French/Swiss/Italian A2 protein butter.
And if you didn’t notice, these are low carb for those who are type 1 or type 2 diabetic, on a ketogenic diet (or Atkins), or simply looking to cut down on simple carbs which science is showing has seriously negative health effects.
|Anthony’s – Blanched Almond Flour, 8 ounce||1,338||43||120||50||45||11|
|the Tiger Nut Company – Tiger Nut Flour, 2 ounce||247||0||13||3||0||0|
|Bulletproof – Upgraded Collagelatin, 1 tbsp||50||0||0||13||0||0|
|Bulletproof – Upgraded Brain Octane Oil, 1 tablespoon||128||0||14||0||0||0|
|Spices, cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp(s)||6||2||0||0||0||0|
|Generic – Organic Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp||10||0||0||0||0||0|
|Organic – Olive Oil Extra Virgin, 0.5 fluid ounce||270||0||0||0||0||0|
|365 – Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla Organic, 0.33 Cup||13||1||1||0||53||0|
|Organic pasture raised – Large egg, 2 egg||120||0||8||12||120||0|
|Organic – Fresh Blueberries (Net Carbs), 0.5 cup||42||7||0||1||1||8|